Amstel Art Gallery & Café is a prestigious gallery located in the St. George Wharf complex in Vauxhall. It is situated in the heart of London’s cultural and economical hub, near the riverside Thames and surrounded by important landmarks such as the London Eye, the Houses of Parliament & Big Ben, Battersea Power Station, Chelsea Embankment and Tate British Museum. The gallery is accessible via train, tube, bus or boat. Amstel Art Gallery & Café showcases the best paintings, sculptures, photography, contemporary design, architecture and issue-based exhibitions; the Gallery attracts interesting audiences from all ages and walks of life. Applications are sought from the highest level of exhibitors. The Amstel Art Gallery’s mission is to promote positive & professional contemporary art, in a range of media, by both up-and-coming and already established artists through group and solo exhibitions. When possible, visitors will have the chance to meet the artists and/or engage in workshops and other activities related to the work on show. All the artworks and ideas for projects will be chosen at the Director’s discretion and will be challenging and original. The work itself should be of good, professional quality and supplied either ready to install or with any necessary fixings. Private views as well as one-off events will be programmed for each exhibition.
Amstel Art Gallery & Café is available for hire on a weekly basis, but two weeks exhibitions are suggested to give the customers enough time to see the show. The Amstel Art Gallery & Café is open to the public from 08.00 to 19.30 Monday to Saturday and from 10.30 to 16.00 on Sunday. Evening events are possible at extra cost.
- Professional bright and airy gallery space with large showcase rooms.
- Large front windows of 12 linear meters facing on to St.George Wharf & Vauxhall train, tube & bus station
- More than 77 square meters of floor space for freestanding work with a generous entrance area
- 32.99 Linear meters of Museum quality stainless steel hanging system
- Adjustable new generation Led cool spotlighting
- Hd Security Cameras with 24h recording & Alarm System
- Listing of the event on our website, blog & social media
- Unlimited private viewings
- Inclusion in our newsletter sent to a database of over 3000 selected people
- Wireless internet access
- Telephone (incoming and local calls)
- Bose surround sound music system
- Wine glasses for private view evenings
- Weekly cleaning service
Extra services for an extra cost
- Alterations to gallery space
- Catering service with hot & cold drinks, alcohol & Italian food
- Storage facilities or extra hanging area
- Extra cleaning
- Posters for the advertising boards situated strategically around the St.George Wharf complex
- Use of credit card machine
- Invigilators and extra security
- Specific marketing campaign with flyers, catalogue, tv, newspapers and magazines advertising
- Telephone with long distance/mobile calls
The property is arranged on ground floor level only, with a main hall with the Café and food facilities and an open second exhibitions room. The total area of the gallery is 779 square feet, 77.37 square meters equivalent. The nice frontage window is 12 linear meters. Total linear hanging: 32.99 meters
To ensure that exhibitors maximize the potential of their exhibition, the gallery does not charge commission if the transactions are between the exhibitor and the purchaser of the artwork, and any cheques and/or cash are the responsibility of the exhibitor. Only a 4%% fee is requested for payments made by card. If you wish to have a professional sales team at your service and an artwork is sold by this professional team, then an extra commission of 13%%will be added to all sales. Contact us for the current weekly rates for the gallery hire.
Press and Online Listings
The Amstel Art Gallery & Café is often approached by local and European media agencies with requests for information regarding current and future exhibitions. In these situations the Gallery will use the information provided in your application unless otherwise specified. The Gallery also uses a number of online listing websites, and its Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, and Facebook pages.
If you decide you would like to proceed with your enquiry, please send us an email at email@example.com to discuss dates. If you would like to view the space feel free to come at our gallery anytime during opening hours or contact us to book an appointment with our Director. Once a date has been selected, a provisional booking will be made. On approval of your application you will be sent a hire contract and invoice to review and sign. and then the agreed upon date will be confirmed once the payment is done.